- Plural of vessel.
Vessels are a post-rock band from Leeds, UK. Vessels were born from the ashes of A Day Left in September 2005. In 2006 the band self-released a five track eponymous EP, and played many gigs, including the unsigned stage at Leeds Festival as one of the six winners of the Futuresound competition.
On 5th March 2007, the band released a limited 7" single (Yuki/Forever the Optimist) through Cuckundoo Records, and have been tipped by BBC Radio One as one of the hottest new bands in the country. The band recorded a session for Huw Stephens 's show on BBC Radio 1, which was broadcast on 29th March.
This was followed by a performance at the Latitude Festival and a UK tour, both in July, with the lineup including Peter Wright, who became a member after the tour. Another single - "Two Words and a Gesture" was released in November 2007.
- Tom Evans - guitar, vocals
- Tim Mitchell - drums
- Martin Teff - guitar, bass, synth
- Lee J. Malcolm - guitar, vocals, synth
- Peter Wright - guitar, vocals, keys, bass
- Vessels EP - (2006)
- "Yuki / Forever The Optimist" single - (2007) - Cuckundoo Records
- "Two Words and a Gesture" single - (2007) - Cuckundoo Records